To download the Bible Study Click here…ENERGIZED – WEEK 2
Then he showed them his hands and side. The disciples, seeing the Master with their own eyes, were ENERGIZED (exuberant). John 20:20 (MSG)
Can you image the room that day. All the disciples were just sitting around, minding their own business. Or were they? The Bible records the fact that the men were fearful, they were hiding behind lock doors! They thought that by being in there no one would find them, they would be safe. But read the next verse, it says that “Jesus entered the room. How is that possible if the doors were locked? Then there it was…they were ENERGIZED!!!!
All it took was seeing Jesus, that is all they needed. Could that be true today? Sure it would, if I saw Jesus tomorrow…yep I would be ENERGIZED!!! No doubt about it! But will that really happen…will Jesus come back tomorrow? No one really knows! However until he returns what can we do to ENERGIZE our faith?
- Begin the day with Him. “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.” Proverbs 8:17
- Get the Word of God deeply into your innermost being. “…It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation.” Matthew 12:34-37
- Speak only the pure, the powerful and the positive from the Word of God even in the midst of adversity and trial. “Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God’s favor) to those who hear it.” Ephesians 4:29
- Spend as much time as possible with people of like precious faith “Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.” Proverbs 13:20
- Overcome attacks of the enemy by testifying of the things God is doing in and through your life. “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” Revelation 12:11
- Keep your eyes off your circumstances and on the Word of God. “When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot. God’s angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray.” Psalm 34:6-7